Public Works' offices will be closed on Monday October 14th for Indigenous People's Day. We will reopen during normal business hours on Tuesday. Recycling will be picked up. Parking at on-street meters and at city owned garages is free on Monday. For any urgent water-related issues, please contact 802-863-4501 (24/7). 

Department of Public Works

Water and Wastewater Allocation

Availability & Capacity Analysis

We want to ensure that our water and wastewater systems have sufficient capacity to serve the needs of all properties in Burlington.  The flow demands for new construction, redevelopment or change in use may require evaluation in order to be compliant with State and Local regulations.  Applicants (or their agents) are encouraged to use the design flow tables provided by the State and review the exemptions enacted in April 2019: Subchapter 8--General Technical Standards for Wastewater Systems and Potable Water Supplies.    


All proposed design flows and project information should be submitted in writing to Water Resources Engineering for evaluation.  The review process can take 4-6 weeks and final determinations will be sent via email.   


We do not currently charge a fee for this service, however that is subject to change.