Burlington's 3rd Annual "Fines for Food' Campaign Kicks off. Details.

Department of Public Works

Right of Way Encumbrance, Permits and Agreements

Beginning May 3rd, these applications will be issued by OpenGov only. Follow the link below to submit an application through the online portal. You can reach out to CManna@burlingtonvt.gov for more info. Visit https://burlingtonvt.viewpointcloud.com/.

Respective to the City Code of Ordinances and to ensure public health and safety around construction activity in the City right-of-way (ROW), permits are required for any person, firm, or corporation to block or disturb the ground or pavement in any street, sidewalk, greenbelt or curb within the ROW. 

Insurance, permit bond and plans shall be submitted to provide a clear description of all projects. All applications, forms, plans and submittals must be complete and attached to the application before locating or receiving permission to be in/on city property.

Right-of-Way Permit Forms:

Encumbrance Permit Applications:


Supplemental Information: