Clerk/Treasurer’s Office

Gross Receipts Tax

The Clerk Treasurer’s Office administers the City of Burlington’s Restaurant, Hotel, Amusements and Admissions Tax, also known as the Gross Receipts tax. This tax is paid directly to the City of Burlington.

All entities doing business in Burlington (including caterers outside of Burlington) in the categories governing the tax must pay monthly.

A useful City award winning business guide to read before contacting the Clerk Treasurer’s Office can be viewed at CEDO: Doing Business in Burlington

Opening a New Business - Application

Gross Receipts Ordinance

Gross Receipts Tax Return Form - Blank Printable

Gross Receipts Tax Return Form - Auto Calculate

City of Burlington Short Term Rental FAQ