City of Burlington, Vermont

City of Burlington, Vermont

Code Enforcement / 645A Pine Street / PO Box 849 / Burlington, VT 05402-0849
Phone: 802-863-0442 / Fax: 802-652-4221


Vacant Buildings

Vacant structure means any structure or building that is unoccupied by a person or occupied by unauthorized persons for 210 days, excepting permitted warehouse or permitted storage structures, garages, vacation or resort facilities or those buildings or structures only used on a seasonal basis, and those structures being newly constructed within the terms of their building and zoning permits or under substantial rehabilitation for a period of 1 year from the date that the building permit or zoning permit is issued - whichever is later.

Vacant Building Forms

Request for Trespass Notice and List of Authorized Property Users

Vacant Building Application

Vacant Building Ordinance