Online Incident Reporting
Welcome to the Burlington Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR IN-PROGRESS INCIDENT PLEASE CALL 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency or an in-progress incident
- This incident occurred within the City of Burlington city limits
- There are no known suspects
- There is no physical evidence such as fingerprints, blood, pry marks or items left behind by the perpetrator
- There are no known witnesses to be interviewed
- This did not occur on an interstate highway
If all of the above is true, you are ready to file your report online.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using this system will be reviewed by a Records Clerk.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Reporting online only creates a report for reference. It does not launch a full police investigation. If your incident requires an investigation, please contact us at 802-658-2700 now.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Burlington Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
Graffiti - Harassing Phone Call(s) - Hit & Run / Late Reported Accidents - Identity Theft - Lost Property - Theft (NOT from a house, apartment, or business by an intruder) - Vandalism - Attempted Theft from a Vehicle - Suspicious Events
To begin a report click on this link - BEGIN ONLINE INCIDENT REPORT