Electrical & plumbing work may be done by the owner of an owner occupied single family home.

In owner occupied single family homes the home owner can pull permits, perform the work and complete the inspections with the inspector.   Permits and inspections are required and all work must comply with current state and local codes and ordinances adopted.  Please contact the Burlington Electrical & Plumbing Inspector directly to confirm all requierments attached.  https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/DPW/Construction-Permits/Staff.   State of Vermont Electrical & Plumbing Licensed professionals  are required to pull permts, perform their own work and be onsite for the inspectons in all public building that includes rental single family homes.