Human Resources

Dental Insurance

Dental Insurance is provided by Northeast Delta Dental.

A Summary of Benefits and Coverage is available here.  

A snapshot of your dental coverage:

  • Dental coverage begins the first day of the month following the date of hire. Coverage is available to all eligible employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and eligible dependents up to age 26.
  • There are no contributions for full-time employees. Part-time employees pay a prorated contribution amount based on hours scheduled and the number of people on the plan, meaning single, two-person, or family coverage.
  • There is a $50 per person deductible up to a family maximum of $150. Coverage is graduated, 90% preventative, 70% restorative and 50% prosthodontic.  $1500 max per member, per year.  Basic information regarding dental insurance coverage can be found here.
  • Preferred Provider Organization Information

ID Cards

Effective January 1, 2015, Northeast Delta Dental will issue an initial set of plastic ID cards to new primary subscribers only. Additional ID cards are available electronically through our Benefit Lookup site or on our Mobile App. You can print copies of your ID card directly from the Benefit Lookup site.. Need Copies of your ID card? Click here

Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Forms

Northeast Delta Dental will issue EOBs electronically via our Benefit Lookup site. If you wish to view or print EOBs (as far back as six years!), you may do so securely through the site. If you prefer to continue receiving hard copies of EOBs via standard mail, you may elect to do so on the Benefit Lookup site or by calling our Eligibility department after January 1 at 1-603-223-1230.

Included with the Delta Dental plan is access to Delta's EyeMed Vision program.  This program provides discounts on some vision services and materials.

For employees wishing to add a domestic partner or civil union partner to the City of Burlington's health and/or dental plan, a completed Dependency Affidavit must be on file and coverage is subject to taxation.  An additional form is necessary when adding children of a domestic partner or civil union partner.

CHECK IT OUT - Mobile Application available for mobile devices using iOS (Apple) or Android - With this new, free mobile app, dentist search, claims and coverage details, and ID cards are right at your fingertips. Smartphone users can securely login to view their benefits or check the status of a claim anytime, anywhere. When you have a dental appointment, you can email your mobile ID card to the dentist beforehand, or just display your phone at the dentist's office. Bonus features include a toothbrush times that makes brushing fun by timing the recommended two minutes of brushing while listening to music! The Dentist Search and Toothbrush Timer features of the mobile app are available to all smartphone users, not just subscribers. Visit the App Store or Google Play to download and install the free app. Current subscribers will use their web login to access secure content within the app. To learn more about Delta Dental's mobile app, visit