City of Burlington, Vermont City of Burlington, Vermont

City Hall, 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Call Us 802-865-7000 M-F 8-4:30pm   Email Us


Where do we get the marriage license?

Marriage license applications are issued by Vermont town clerks. If both parties are Vermont residents, you may go to the town clerk in either of your towns of residence. If just one of you resides in a Vermont town, you must get the license in that town; you cannot buy the license in another town. If you are getting the license in Burlington you can come into the Clerk’s office anytime between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday-Friday (we are closed for all Federal and State Holidays). Please allow for up to twenty minutes for the license to be typed.