City of Burlington, Vermont City of Burlington, Vermont

City Hall, 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Call Us 802-865-7000 M-F 8-4:30pm   Email Us


What permits do I need for SWIMMING POOLS?

Both in-ground and above ground pool installations & removals need a Zoning Permit (land use / lot coverage) and building permits (life safety) to include electrical & plumbing for safe install and terminations.  In-ground & above ground pool removal: remove all materials from the site and haul to approved landfill locations.  To eliminate any surprises in that area for future use, (yourself and new homeowners) backfill the hole for inground pools with clean flow able sand and cap both types of pool areas with top soil and return area back to grass.