City of Burlington, Vermont City of Burlington, Vermont

City Hall, 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Call Us 802-865-7000 M-F 8-4:30pm   Email Us


What do I do if I get a sewer backup in my house?

Call Customer Service at 863-9094 and provide your name, address, phone number, and nature of backup. DPW will respond and check the main sewer line in the City's right of way. If the City sewer main is not plugged, DPW employees will notify the homeowner that the problem is on private property (the sewer lateral running from the house to the main in the City Street) and the homeowner shall resolve the problem at their own expense.