How do I get my dog licensed?

All you have to do is bring a copy of your up to date rabies certificate (by law the City must have a copy of it on file) and also a copy of your spaying/neutering certificate if applicable, to the Clerk/Treasurer's Office. You will then be issued a license tag. We start registering dogs in January for the new year. If you are purchasing a license between January 2nd and April 1st, you will need a rabies certificate with an expiration date of April 1st or after for the current licensing year. To license your dog by mail, send the up to date rabies certificate, a check for applicable fees, and a self addressed stamped envelope to: City of Burlington, Attn: Dog Licenses, 149 Church St., Burlington, VT 05401.