Frequently Asked Questions

Follow the directions on the back of the ticket. You must mark your plea, sign the ticket and submit it to: Vermont Judicial Bureau PO Box 607 White River Junction, VT 05001 You must pay the ticket or deliver a plea within 20 days to the Vermont Judicial Bureau.

The City Attorney’s Office does not provide interpretations and suggests consulting with a private attorney.

No, you must submit a written request.

You can contact the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office located on the second floor of City Hall for a copy of an ordinance or view the municipal code at:

Within 30 days of the ticket date, you must submit a written request stating the reasons for appealing to: City Attorney’s Office 149 Church Street, Room 11 Burlington, VT 05401 You must include the ticket (or a copy of it), any towing receipts and other supporting documents. Make sure your request includes a current mailing address - you will receive a written response from the City Attorney’s Office.

You must fill out a request form and file it in the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office within 30 days of receipt of the landlord’s notice of withholding. The request form is available at the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office at City Hall, the Department of Code Enforcement on Pine Street or online at:

Parking ticket payments are only accepted at the Burlington Police Department. Payment (with the ticket) can be mailed to: Burlington Police Dept Attn: Parking Tickets 1 North Avenue Burlington, VT, 05401 Or payments may be dropped off in person to the same address Mon.-Fri., 7am-4:15pm, or in the after hours mail slot in the Administration entrance vestibule. Credit card payments can be made by calling the Police Department at (802) 540-2380.

No, the City Attorney does not provide legal advice to the public. The Vermont Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service can put you in contact with a private attorney. They can be reached at (800) 639-7036 or